Note: LtCol Jon P. Connolly has not been heard from for over 50 days and was sent a reminder to contact us on 27 Mar 2018.
We suggest you do not send anything to this contact until this notice disappears.
05 Feb 2018:
Greetings from Afghanistan!
Just wanted to touch base with all the supporters of AnyMarine.com.....IOT take a moment to say "Thank-You"!
We continue to receive numerous boxes from supporters from all over the country. My Marines have told me they have written / emailed individuals or companies thanking them for their remarkable support. If you have not received a "thank you"....I assure you someone will try to contact you. Everything you have provided is greatly appreciated....package, letters or notes.
I honestly wish I could "by-name" thank each individual, but I don't want to leave anyone out. So, I will just say thank you to the team...i.e. America. Every time I see one of the Marines receive and open a package....it reminds myself "why" we are here and "what" we are doing in order protect or country and ensure the safety of our family and loved ones.
The Marines do not have any special requests at this time. Each one is very thankful for all of your support.
God Bless and Semper Fi.
04 Jan 2018
Merry Christmas from Camp Shorab!
I would like to wish everyone a Happy Holidays from Helmand Provence. The Marines are doing well, and some care-packages have been arriving! THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! It is wonderful to see the Marines opening the packages....the look of excitement is worth the world! I am positive that a Marine will email/mail soon.
Once again, thank you very much for the wonderful support and letters! It has completely changed to tone of X-mas this year while we are away from our families and loved ones.
Happy Holidays & Semper Fi,
LtCol Jon Connolly
12 Dec 2017
Happy Holidays from Camp Shorab, Afghanistan. After being on deck for a couple of weeks. A few items that would make the Marines lives a little easier during the holidays would be....
-Coffee (Ground or Keurig)
-Sweetener (Splenda / Equal)
-Sunflower seeds (Any flavor)
-Protein Bars (Any brand)
-Laundry Detergent (pods)
-Bath towels / wash cloths
-Body spray (i.e. Axe)
Spirts are higher than the temperatures....21 degrees this morning! There is a lot of X-Mas spirt and the young Men and Women are representing our Nation well. You would be proud! We wish everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season!
Thank you for the future support!
11 Dec 2017
Hello again! This is my forth time requesting support from the extremely supportive ANYMARINE.com. This site has been a “lifesaver” over the years/deployments.
Thank you for accepting my request for support for yet another deployment to the Middle East. We have a wonderful team assembled for this mission, but a majority of the Marines within the Task Force…this is their first deployment. Your support will be very important to them. Not for the “care-packages and stuff” but just to receive a letter or note reminding these young Men and Women that they are not alone and America support them while they are overseas - away from family and friends.
Thank you very much ahead of time…I am excited to be part of the ANYMARINE.com team once again. Please send me questions or concerns at anytime. As you can see from my past deployments I will continue to keep all supporters in the loop with updates and pictures.
LtCol Jon P. Connolly
Chief of Staff
Task Force Southwest
Camp Shorab, Afghanistan
• What are your living conditions? We live within a few locations. A few small Forward Operating Bases (FOB)
• Do you have electricity, 110 or 220, live in tents, on the ground, in buildings, do you need food, etc.? We do have electricity mostly on 110v within large metal buildings. Wooden walls have been created for privacy. There is no PX/BX store located in our locations. If there was a store we would purchase snacks, candy, sunflower seeds, beef jerky, towels, washcloths, hygiene items, etc.
• Do you have a laundry service? No laundry service are located at our positions.
• If you need food items, what cooking ability/inability)(as in pots/pans, stoves, etc.) do you have? No pots and pans, but there are numerous microwaves throughout the camps.
• Do you have a microwave, refrigerator or freezer? Microwaves.
• Are you representing your squad, platoon, company, wing, ship, etc.? I am representing a Task Force.